Friday, October 20, 2017

Patreon


I know my posting just dropped, but life has demanded my attention.  I am going to get back to reviewing comics and chatting about my favorite things.  It will just take some time.  Meanwhile my mind has been trying to figure out a way to try and find new sources of money.  As I have been visiting people I meet at Cons and those I read stories by I have been thinking of joining
Patreon.  I wonder if anyone would read my stories.  I also think it might be a good place to start writing the book in my head.


Another idea is that I could review the trades & Graphic Novels I have.  Some are of a nature that only grown ups should read and I have always shied away from posting on the Blog.  The attacks when i was at this one church about my reviewing comics has the still bitter taste of anger and regret.  On Patreon the people that read it would be paying to do so and it could be a place only those that want to see my reviews of those books can.  I also think the Trades could allow me to make sure i have content up.

I am reading some good stuff right now.  DC mainly, but Dynamite comics have been providing a strong line of books.  I would mention Lights book Skin & Earth.  It is wonderful and the fact that her just released album has songs that match each story is amazing.  A horror trade I have gotten is The Beauty.  That would be a book on Patreon if and when I start one.

I am inspired to write more.  Just need the willpower, lack of Depression, & hope.

BDS

No comments:

Post a Comment